Hello friends and fellow book lovers! Last year, I made multiple sets of goals and looking back, I’m not sure I fulfilled any of them. Either way, it’s time to look back and see if I succeeded. I’m also going to talk about my goals for 2019 and maybe, I’ll actually achieve something on my new list.
Without further ado, let’s get into my 2018 goals and see what I achieved. Even if I didn’t, it’s good to look back and see my plans from the beginning of the year. I guess I’m hopeful but also dreading this. Let’s start before I change my mind.
2018 Goals Check-In
Writing Goals 2018
- Participate in Nano: This was a big fat no and I think I was a little too overconfident in myself with this one. Right now, my focus is on my article writing rather than my fiction writing. I’m not going to beat myself up too much with this one because I did a lot of writing this year. (0/1)
- Narrow down the topics for my NFL book: Like I mentioned, my focus was solely on my article writing. I did devote some time to this but not much. I still do plan on writing about the NFL in book form but it’s way too early to try and figure out anything concrete. (0/2)
- Find a writing buddy: Lol what??? I think this was based on a fiction project because I already have someone reading/editing my articles. Honestly (0/3)
- To improve my grammar: Finally, one I actually achieved. I’ve been using Grammarly to help with my writing and I think it’s worked for me. I can see myself improving little by little so I consider this one a success. (1/4) Let’s just pretend I didn’t set writing goals for myself and move on lol.
Reading Goals 2018
- Read the entire Harry Potter series: Yes! I actually did this one and I’m pretty darn proud of myself. It took me a few months but I was able to get through the entire series. After seeing all the hype, this was huge for me. (1/1)
- Set a Goodreads goal of 150 books: I’m not sure why I didn’t do this but I set my goal for 150 books. When I’m writing this post (12/1), I’ve read 140 books so we’ll see if I end up reading 150 books before the end of the year. (1/2)
- Read at least 10 non-fiction books: Yes!!!!! This was a goal I was dead set on achieving and I did it. If I remember counting correctly, I read 12 non-fiction books this year so I’m really happy! (2/3)
- Start and finish at least 2 series: I think I achieved this one. I finished the entire Harry Potter series and I also finished the Grip series by Kennedy Ryan. I’m almost done with the Wild Seasons series too so I’m giving this one to myself lol. (3/4)
Blogging Goals 2018
- Introduce 2 new series on my blog: Sadly, I only introduced one new series on my blog and that’s “My Favorite.” Technically, it wasn’t mine to start with but I’m not going to beat myself up. I like the schedule I have for my blog. (0/1)
- Branch out with my content: I guess I kind of did this. I started doing non-bookish favorites and have done some non-bookish “My Favorite” posts so I’ll give this to myself lol. (1/2)
- Reach 200 followers: Um???? I’m almost at 500 followers when I’m typing this which I can’t believe. I still can’t believe my blog has grown this much and people actually want to see my posts or talk to me??? (2/3)
I’m not featuring life goals this year so I’m skipping that section and I don’t think I have many writing goals, either. I think I’m in a good place with my writing now and I’m hoping I can catch a break soon. If not, then it’s just not meant to be…yet 😉
Goals for 2019
Reading Goals 2019
- Go on a book-buying ban: I’ve kind of already set this goal for myself. This goal is mostly based on my enjoyment of the books I read in 2018. I only want to buy books I’m going to read, love and want to read again. I think I was a little cavalier and I want to be a bit stricter with my reading.
- Read 15 non-fiction books: Last year, I set a goal of 10 non-fiction books and I ended up reading 12. This year, I upped my goal to 15 books and I’m hoping I can do that with ease. 🙂
- Fully embrace audiobooks: This year, I dipped my toe and tried audiobooks. Sadly, the service I used ended up basically lying to everyone. In 2019, I plan on listening to more audiobooks and hopefully, splitting my reading 50-50 between audio and physical but we’ll see about that.
- Finish The Lunar Chronicles series: In 2018, I read Cinder and never picked any of the other books up. In 2019, I’d like to continue and finish the series. I think Ellyn and I discussed reading it together at one point so maybe reading it together will motivate me.
- Participate in at least 3 read-a-thons: This year, I participated in 3 read-a-thons, 1 of which was my own. I also participated in the Contemporary-A-Thon and the Nightmare Before Book Princess Review Read-a-Thon. I love read-a-thons and I can’t wait to see which ones 2019 bring.
Blogging Goals 2018
- Blog makeover: I’ve pretty much had the same theme since I started my blog and I want to try something new. My friend Ericka and I will probably work together on it so I won’t be just doing it alone so fingers crossed on that one!
- That’s basically my only goal for 2018 as I really like how my blog is going 🙂
I had such a fun yet productive 2018 so I’m excited to see what 2019 has for me. At this point, I’m really happy with how my blog is growing, the content I’m featuring and the reading I’m doing. I can only hope 2019 is as good to me in terms of blogging and reading. 🙂