Hello friends and fellow book lovers! Welcome to another edition of I decide to randomly review one book a month as I hate writing reviews. Either way, here we are again and this time, I’m writing a review of Twisted Love by Ana Huang. I know this book is popular on both BookTok and BookTube thus culminating in me reviewing it so let’s get into it.
This is my spoiler-free review of Twisted Love.
Alex Volkov is a devil blessed with the face of an angel and cursed with a past he can’t escape.
Driven by a tragedy that has haunted him for most of his life, his ruthless pursuits for success and vengeance leave little room for matters of the heart.
But when he’s forced to look after his best friend’s sister, he starts to feel something in his chest:
A fire that could end his world as he knew it.
Ava Chen is a free spirit trapped by nightmares of a childhood she can’t remember.
But despite her broken past, she’s never stopped seeing the beauty in the world…including the heart beneath the icy exterior of a man she shouldn’t want.
Her brother’s best friend.
Her savior and her downfall.
Theirs is a love that was never supposed to happen—but when it does, it unleashes secrets that could destroy them both…and everything they hold dear.
What I enjoyed about Twisted Love
- The tropes! This book was tropes galore as it featured some of my favorites and done so well. It featured brother’s best friend, grumpy-sunshine and opposites attract. It was just SO delightful and I couldn’t put it down once I started.
- Ava was everything. The main reason why I adored this book was because of Ava. She was such a sweet and lovable character who dealt with so much. I was just happy to see her getting a chance to be happy. Sigh, I want her as a best friend.
- The steam. Obviously, this book featured a lot of steamy moments. However, the steam was out of this world like top-tier steamy moments. I especially loved how much dirty talking Alex did throughout the book.
- The friend group. Ava had such an adorable group of friends. I know who book 2 follows and I can’t wait to pick it up. However, I adored every single one of them and I hope they each get their own book.
- Alex. The love interest, Alex was a sociopath and possibly a psychopath but oh my god. He was so similar to my SO that I couldn’t help but love him. He was so unexpectably sweet and lovable specially towards Ava. Plus he would have killed for her and literally burnt down the world if she asked.
- The portrayal of phobias. This book featured for a phobia for Ava and honestly, I could relate to it. While our phobias weren’t the same, it was obviously how debailitaing it was for her and I can relate to that. I especially loved the work she and Alex did to help her together.
What I didn’t enjoy about Twisted Love
- A little longer than I wanted. For me, the one downfall of this book was that it felt like a little long at times. Maybe it could have been cut down by 30ish page or so but I’m not to mad about that.
- Alex’s “change.” If you’ve read this, I’m sure you konw what change I’m talking about as in the meeting with his uncle. I understnad why he did it but it still annoyed me. I felt especially sad for Ava and wanted to punch Alex for not getting it together or just opening his mouth.
Either way, I absolutely adored this book and I’m still thinking about it. It was just SO good. It was dark but had such a lovely romance that I couldn’t put it down. It just made me so happy and I can’t wait to read more from Ana Huang. I gave Twisted Love 5 out of 5 stars.
Before you finish reading my post, please take the time to look over these attached links to help with Black Lives Matter.