Hello friends and fellow book lovers! This week, I had a different post planned but I decided to push it back and instead, I’m going to be doing a book tag. I had a hard time, trying to figure out which one I wanted to do but I eventually decided on this one. I found this tag on Breakeven Books but I’m also including the creator so let’s get into it. 🙂
1. Cupcakes: Name a collection of short stories, poems, or anthologies where you couldn’t read just one section and had to go back for another
For this one, I decided to go with Love All Year: A Holidays Anthology which features romances set during non-traditional holidays. I remember really loving almost all of these stories and even the ones I didn’t love were good. Of all the ones I read, I really adored It Happened One Yule as I’ve never heard about that holiday. Either way, this was a great anthology and as for cupcakes, I can’t get enough of them either lmao.
2. Lemon Pound Cake: Name a book that has 400 pages or more that you considered a comfort read and a classic
The book I chose for this prompt is Twilight. I know that some people dog on it and rightfully so but this book is such a comfort to me. It’s so quick to get through and it’s cheesy and predictable but I like knowing what’s gonna happen sometimes. I honestly might reread this series again because I just think it’s fun. As for lemon pound cake, I’ve never tried it so I have no opinion on that.
3. Red Velvet Cake – Name a book that you bought was one thing, but ended up being something completely different
When this book first came up on my radar, I was hyped as I knew it was a friends-to-lovers romance but it ended up being more about the MC and her family. It was a lot more family drama than actual romance which bummed me out. This book had the potential to be a great romance but focused too much on the other aspects. As for red velvet cake, that’s my favorite type of cake so I have nothing but good things to say lmao.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Name a book or a book series that you can read over and over again even though you know that it’s bad for you
For this one, I chose You Deserve Each Other. While this book isn’t personally bad for me, my boyfriend hates it so I’m counting it. Every time I talk about this book, he gets annoyed and makes sure his displeasure is known. As for chocolate chip cookie dough, I love it. lmao
5. Apple Pie a la Mode – Name a book that was really good but could have been better with a little bit of ice cream
For the book, I went with The Unhoneymooners which I chose for two reasons. This book has such fun vacation vibes that it would be great to sit with an ice cream cone and read. It’s just so light and fun which is exactly what I want in a summer read. Secondly, I read this book during a spring afternoon, sitting outside and an ice cream would have been nice. While I don’t love apple pie, I do love ice cream so I’m split on this pairing.
6. Gingerbread Cookies – Do you like your gingerbread cookies crunchy or soft, If you like your cookies soft name a book that was squishy in the middle, but the beginning and the end were really good.
For the book, I went with Press Play by Ash Dylan. This book had an incredible start as the concept features two roommates, making a sex tape while the end was them getting their own HEA. As for the middle, it was a lot of them dancing around their feelings and just not talking which annoyed me. As for gingerbread, I like it but don’t love it.
7. Brownies – Are you a corner piece or a middle piece?
1. If you’re a corner piece, name a book that starts off strong and then all comes apart.
For this one, I went with The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren. This book started off so promising and it ended up being so disappointing. I don’t want to get into a ton of details, but the middle and end of this book just didn’t fit with what the tone should have been and how the story should have progressed.
8. Birthday Cake – Name a book series or an author that you feel like keeps coming out with a book, short story, novella every year
For this one, I decided to go with Christina C Jones. When it comes to releasing books, CCJ is on top of it and she really goes all over the place. Sometimes, she releases novellas, other times she’s releasing full-length novels. While she usually stays in the romance genre, she doesn’t stick to one particular sub-genre. She can write dark romance, rom-coms, sports romances and hard-hitting romances. No matter what she does, she’s always coming out with something new and upping the stakes for herself.
9. Carrot Cake – Name a book that sounded healthy for you, but ended up being unhealthy either with content, or put you in a reading slump.
For the final prompt, I decided to go with Priest by Sierra Simone. I picked this one for two reasons as it did put me in a reading slump and for some reason, it made me realize that I don’t enjoy religion in romance books. It really took me out of the story and made me enjoy the book less and less as I went on. As for carrot cake, I don’t enjoy it in the slightest lmao.
Anyways, that’s my tag for this week and I don’t have much else to say. Before you finish reading my post, please take the time to look over these attached links to help with Black Lives Matter.