Hello friends and fellow book lovers! You might be a little bit confused by the title of this post but this month, I wanted to do a Bookish favorites. I usually do my non-bookish faves but this time, I wanted to talk about some of my favorite bookish things. As for what this post is going to feature, I’m going to be talking about books, book blogs, Booktubers and basically anything I love that’s bookish.
I don’t want to talk too much before I get started as I feel like they’re a lot of things I want to cover. Starting things off, I’m going to be talking about some of my favorite bloggers and bloggers I’ve discovered during the Summer 2020. Personally, I’m not much of a blogger hopper anymore but I did find some interesting posts this summer so let’s get into them. 🙂
One of my favorite bloggers have to be Sofia from The Bookish Wanderess. I’ve been following Sofia for a little while now. We actually met because of a buddy-read we both did with Jenna. Since then, I’ve been a huge fan of Sofia’s posts especially how she ranks all of her books via her monthly wrap-ups. I think that’s such a fun and clever ways to talk about books.
Another blogger I’ve been loving this summer is Destiny. Destiny and I met via our mutual friend, Ellyn and I’m so happy. I really enjoy her content as she reads somewhat similar to me but also features a lot of books I would’ve never heard of. I’m sure most of you already follow her but I think she’s just great. 🙂
Moving away from bloggers, I wanted to shout-out some posts I saw this month that I really enjoyed and deserve to be spotlighted!
- Mel has complied a list of readathons going on in August. I think this is such a wonderful resource and introduced me to some readathons I didn’t even know were going on. I’m pretty sure they’re going to do this every month (or so I hope) as it’s an awesome idea.
- Basically all of Ally’s recent posts. I feel like I’m a bit biased as Ally is one of my best blogging friends. However, she’s been killing it with he original post ideas especially her 100+ Black authors to read post.
- Jenica from FireWhiskeyReader paired the songs from Taylor Swift’s Folklore album to romance books and it is EVERYTHING. While I’m not in love with the album, I feel like this was such a fun and unique post idea and I know I’ll check out some of the books.
Personally, I’ve been watching a lot of Youtube with everything going on in the world which means I have a ton of Booktubers to talk about so buckle up! Lol
One Booktuber I discovered earlier this summer was Noria from Noria Reads. I was introduced to her because of her fuck-a-thon rec videos. Since then, I’ve been hooked on her videos. She never fails to make me laugh or smile during one of her videos and the way she describes certain books has me adding them to my TBR ASAP. We do differ a bit with our reading tastes, but her videos are just awesome.
Another booktuber I discovered this summer was Izzy from Happy For Now. Izzy reads a lot of romance including books I’ve never heard of. Since following her, I’ve added tons of new books to my TBR and I know it’ll only go up from there. If you’re looking for solid romance recs or are new to the romance genre, I think she’s a wonderful person to follow.
Another recent fave I’ve discovered is Ashley from Bookish Realm. Ashley’s a librarian and it’s clear how much she loves books. She reads A TON and from such a wide range of ages and genres. Even in the video featured above, she has such a wide range of books and talks about them all in-depth. She also has almost hour-long vlogs which is great for me as I love having YouTube in the background when I’m doing things. She’s another person I follow who has great recommendations I wouldn’t have heard from anywhere else.
The last booktuber I have to talk about is Ali from Mrs. Dunn Reads. I found Ali because of Jess from PeaceLoveBooks and she’s become one of my favorite Booktubers. She has such a bubbly and cheerful personality. I can’t help but smile when I’m watching her videos. We also have pretty similar reading tastes so it’s nice to see her enjoying some of the books I’ve also enjoyed. I also get a decent amount of recs from her, too. I just really love Ali’s channel and I think she’s wonderful. 🙂
Then I wanted to shout-out a few of my favorite videos from this summer, too. 🙂
- Lala’s Reading Rush vlogs. We all know and love Kayla from BooksandLala so I don’t really have much else to say about her expect that she’s great and I always love her videos.
- I LOVED Brittany & Books’ One Direction anniversary video. It was so much fun and it was a nice way to look back on 1D. I personally wasn’t a huge fan but I would feel the same about the Jonas Brothers. Lol
- Basically everything Mina Reads has posted all summer. I always drop everything to watch her videos lmao.
- Riley Marie’s steamy reading vlog where she read 5 steamy romances. I already have most of these on my TBR but I know I’ll be adding some thanks to her 😀
- Jess from PeaceLoveBooks‘ read 3 indie romances in 24 hours and it was so much fun. I always get great recs from her and this video is no exception.
Before moving onto the books, I wanted to shout-out two ladies I follow on Twitter who always have the best book recs. The first is Katrina Jackson who is one of my favorite Black romance authors. She’s just wonderful and definitely worth the follow. I also recently started following Sil from The Book Voyagers and she has the BEST romance recs.
Before getting into the books, I wanted to mention that I successfully completed my Goodreads goal to read 150 books this year earlier this month. I still have a ton of books left on my TBR so we’ll see how many I end up completing by the end of 2020.
In June, I read The Roommate by Brandy Bush and it was amazing. This is easily one of my favorite smutty books and might end up being one of my top books of the year. This book is sexy, focuses on a healthy relationship and is a delight. I know this book won’t be for everyone but it really hit the spot for me.
The next favorite for me is Take A Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert. I think everyone knows by now how much I love Talia Hibbert. It’s no surprise that I gave it 5 stars and it cemented my decision to buy all of her books lmao. While I’m not sure if it’ll end up on my top books of the year, I know that at least one Talia Hibbert book will end up on my favorites of the year.
The last summer favorite for me is Other Words For Home by Jasmine Warga. I read this book for the Pop Culture Readathon and it was such a surprise. This book is written in verse and it focuses on Jude who moves from Syria to Ohio. Jasmine Warga wrote this so beautifully and it tells such a compelling story that will resonate with anyone. Easily my biggest surprise this year and it could end up being one of my top books of 2020.
Those are all my summer bookish favorites. I applaud anyone who made it through this post as it was a LONG one. It was a lot of fun to write though so I can’t really complain there lol. I’d also love to know if you guys have any bookish faves you’d like to share or recommend. Before you finish reading my post, please take time to look over these attached links to help with Black Lives Matter.