Hello friends and fellow book lovers! I’ve been thinking of doing more tags on my blog and looking back, I remembered that Ellyn made this tag last year. This is basically a way to talk about the books coming out in the second half of the year. I did the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag last month and this is the perfect companion.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers to do this tag
1. Your Most Anticipated Release of the Year
Oddly enough when I wrote this tag last year, Blitzed was my most anticipated release so it’s no surprise that Snapped is this year’s. Alexa Martin is easily my favorite romance author and her books always make me so happy. This book seems especially timely as it focuses on an NFL player who protests and the HR woman they pair with him to “deal” with it.
2. A book you’re not anticipating
The book I chose for this one is Mistletoe and Mr. Right. While this book seems like it would be perfect for me, I didn’t love the first book in the series. I really do enjoy holiday romances but I know I won’t be reading this one. As good as this series sounds, I don’t think Sarah Morgenthaler is the author for me. I can understand why people are excited about it, though.
3. Most underhyped anticipated release
The book I chose for this one was Sea Witch by Katee Robert. Even though I’ve only read the first book in the series, this one sounds interesting. I’ve always enjoyed The Little Mermaid so I’m curious to see how Ursula fits into this world. Tbh the series is so fun and sexy but I don’t hear much hype about it. Either way, this book seems like it’s going to be unlike anything else I’ve read this year.
4. A book you’ve been waiting on forever!
Last year, I read Well Met by Jen DeLuca and absolutely loved it. As soon as I heard there was going to be a companion book, I was hyped. However, it feels like it’s been forever since I’ve been waiting for this. This book follows two characters from the first book and it seems like it’s going to be incredible. Tbh I’ve been waiting for over a year for this and I just want it in my hands already.
5. A book you’re anticipating that’s out of your comfort zone
I struggled in coming up with a book for this one. However, I do plan on continuing the Baby-Sitters Club Coven series. The second book is set to release in September and I am so excited about it. I really hope that Kate Williams tweaked a few things and this book will end up being better than the last one. Either way, I’m excited to see what happens next with the characters.
6. Your Top 3 “Can’t-Wait” Books Of The Year
- Tools of Engagement by Tessa Bailey. This is the 3rd book in the Hot & Hammered series and she’s basically been teasing it since book 1. I’m really excited to finally read Bethany’s story and see how she and Wes’ relationship goes from complete hatred to lust/love.
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer. I don’t feel like I have to explain myself here as this is easily at the VERY top of my “can’t-wait” reads. Lol
- The Nanny by Brandy Bush. I absolutely loved reading her book last month and I’m excited to dive into the next one. I already have it preordered and I hope it ends up being another favorite of mine.
7. Top 5 Most Anticipated Backlist Books On Your TBR
- Basking In Bloom by Wynta Tyme. This book is one I saw forever ago on Amazon but have yet to read. I absolutely adore the cover and I cannot wait to finally pick it up. Maybe this tag will hold me accountable for once.
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata. Good lord, I just need to read this book already. I really need someone to hold me accountable for this because it’s basically 700 pages and I’ll try to give up so easily.
- Marriage for One by Ella Maise. These two books are the last ones on my “20 Books To Read in 2020” list. I truly need to figure out when I want to read these and just buckle down and do it already.
- The Rebel King by Kennedy Ryan. I need to get caught up on this series so I can finally read Queen Move. Lmao why am I like this???
- Learn My Lesson by Katee Robert. I adore the Wicked Villians series and it’s finally time I get caught up. Hopefully we’ll have another smutathon round so I can do just that. 😛
Tag! You’re It
Before you finish reading my post, please take time to look over these attached links to help with Black Lives Matter. Whether it be signing a petition, donating or simply re-sharing this same link, USE YOUR VOICE. If you’re a white person reading this, you have privilege and it is your duty as an ally to educate yourself, amplify Black voices and show that Black Lives Matter.