Hello friends and fellow book lovers! I’m officially back from hiatus and sadly, Top 5 Tuesday is on a break. Instead, I’m going to try and catch up on my tags. I have a huge backlist of them that I need to get caught up on. Honestly, I was tagged in this one almost 2 months ago and I’m just getting to it but better late than never! Lol
I was tagged by the lovely Ally. Ally was one of my first friends in the book blogging world and I love her. She writes such unique posts and always has fun ideas. If you haven’t checked her out, please do! ❤ She’s one of my favorite people/bloggers 🙂
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
1. If you could acquire any ability, what would it be?
For me, it would either be flying or super speed. I would honestly love to not have to drive anywhere. It terrifies me even though I’m going to have to learn eventually. I’m just nervous about it and that would solve my issue!
2. What’s your perfect breakfast?
For me, my perfect breakfast would be pancakes and bacon. I’m not a big fan of breakfast and I usually just grab something before work and shove it in my face. I’m just not someone who wants to get up early to eat. As much as I love eating, I can’t justify getting up a little bit early. 😛
3. What’s your phone background?
Since my phone sometimes screws up, I’m just going to include the picture I’m using.
4. Who was your first favorite author?
Easily Ann M. Martin! I feel like I always talk about the Baby-Sitter’s Club and she was the first author I really loved. No way I couldn’t feature her.
5. If you could use any spell from Harry Potter, which would it be and why?
I’m going with the cheering charm. Honestly, I’d probably use this on myself at work because I feel like I’m always annoyed and upset when I’m there. Plus I could try to use it on customers 😛
6. If you could only name your children (or pets if you don’t want children) after the characters in a book series, which series and names would you choose?
I don’t want kids so I’m going with the pets. If I had to pick a series, I guess I would go with Harry Potter. There are so many characters and names to chose from so I’d never run out of names for my pets.
7. What’s something you’ve recently been obsessed with? Gush about it.
For me, one of my recent obsessions is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. This show has been helping me a lot with my breakup. At the time, I needed something to make me happy and honestly, I fell in love with this show. I love the characters, the relationships and how it isn’t afraid to tackle larger topics. Even though I basically just started watching it this month, this show means a lot to me and it will hold a special place in my heart! ❤
8. If you could require everyone to read one book, which book would it be?
I love this book more than anything! I want to push it in everyone’s hands and have them read it. While the book tackles some tough topics, it also gives a glimpse into who Michael Bennett is as a person. Recently, he was cleared of some Ludacris charges and its kind of like everyone was against him for a while. I just wish people would see who he was from his book.
9. Hot or iced coffee?
I’m a hot chocolate girl!
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
English! No surprise here as I was an English major. 🙂
11. If you could tell your 15-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
I would tell myself to chill out and not worry so much. When I was younger, I was such an anxious person and I didn’t need to be that way. There were much bigger things to worry about and I needed to relax. Lol
11 Facts About Me:
- Even though I love diet soda, I am addicted to Mountain Dew: Baja Blast. Maybe because I’m Taco Bell trash but I can’t stop drinking it. Lol
- My favorite Jonas Brothers album is their self-titled one in 2007. That album always makes me feel so happy and I still remember all of the words. Not sure if I should brag about that but oh well.
- Most of the time, I prefer to watch Youtube versus TV. It might be because I have a relatively short attention span but I’m not a big TV watcher. I’d rather watch Youtube or binge-watch a TV show.
- Recently, I’ve been really loving buying things from small shops on Etsy. I’ve only ordered from there a few times but now I can’t stop. It does take a little longer to ship but I think it’s worth it.
- When I’m off work, I typically wear sweatpants and or leggings. Even though I work at a grocery store, they make us wear dress pants so I like to be comfy on my days off.
- I think I’m going to start branching out with my posts. Right now, I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about the Jonas Brothers so they will probably become a larger fixture on my blog.
- As much as I love being a writer, I have serious doubts that I’ll ever become a professional. Right now, it just feels like I’m getting kicked down and I can’t get myself to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe it’ll happen soon, who knows?
- I’ve always wanted to either host or be a guest on a podcast. I was on a radio show once, but that’s as close as I’ve been.
- Even though I sometimes dislike living with my parents, I don’t want to leave my dog plus I don’t think my current job would support me for long. It’s just so frustrating.
- At this point, I don’t think I’ll ever get married.
- I feel like I’m getting into a huge reading slump and I don’t know how I’ll get out.
I’m not going to tag anyone because I’m lazy. If you want to do this, feel free to use Ally’s questions and consider yourself tagged 🙂