Hello friends and fellow book lovers! Today, I’m coming at you with a different kind of bookish post and I’m a little nervous. Regardless, I’m down to give it a try and see if I’m successful. If not, then at least I can say I tried. (Oh god, why am I talking like an old person?)
Anyways, I was tagged to do this by Ellyn! If you don’t know, Ellyn is one of my best blogging friends and we’re constantly talking. Whether it’s about our blogs, our lives or books, we are always blowing each other up on Facebook messenger. Definitely check her out if you haven’t! ❤
1. When I was younger, I used to love reading Nicholas Sparks books. Now they just don’t appeal to me as much but I might pick one up again to give it a try.
2. I’ve never tried a bookish subscription box and I don’t think I ever will. Either the price is not worth the value or they don’t feature books I’m interested in.
3. I’ve always loved the friends-to-lovers trope. I know it’s cliche and little outdated but it always gives me the warm fuzzies. They’re just something about watching a friendship go from strictly platonic and even develop into something more.
4. I used to really dislike audiobooks and couldn’t concentrate when I read them. I still have a little bit of trouble concentrating but I enjoy them now. I like being able to hear someone else read a book to me.
5. Speaking of dislike, I never thought I’d be the person to own a kindle. After going on a plane with a ton of hardbacks, I knew I needed one. I ended up with an older one my mom bought last year and I’ve been using it ever since.
6. When I was younger, I loved the library but I rarely go now. I feel like a bad book blogger but my library is usually only open when I’m working plus I think it’s only open 3 days.
7. Even though I don’t visit my local library, I have a library card through the Free Library of Philadelphia. Since I live in PA, it’s free and it’s totally changed how and what I read. I have both Libby and hoopla so there are a ton of great books available to me for free.
8. The last book I read when I’m making this post was Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren. The title might seem a little blah but it was a great book with an adorable romance and tons of smut.
9. Speaking of smut, I feel like I’m the minority here. However, when I’m reading a romance book, I always look forward to the smut. Even when I was young, I love reading about it, lol.
10. Even though I have magnetic bookmarks, I rarely use them. I’m always afraid I’ll forget and get them too close to my phone or computer. Instead, I use a Wonder Woman bookmark my co-worker gave to me. 🙂
11. When I unhaul books, I’m not really sure what to do with them. Ellyn suggested setting up at Depop shop so I might do that. I would like to get back at least, a little money if I paid full price for the book.
12. I’m always looking for books with interracial romances! My boyfriend is mixed race while I am white as a snowflake. It’s always interesting to see how books portray interracial relationships and if they relate to my life at all!
13. I despise writing reviews. Even if I have strong feelings on a book, I have a hard time trying to come up with the right words. I also struggle with them when it comes to non-bookish things such as movies and TV shows.
14. As you might have guessed, I don’t own a lot of bookish merch. I mostly have some bookmarks and that’s it. Similar to book boxes, I don’t really see the price evening out with my use or enjoyment of it. Once again, probably in the minority here.
15. I get more book recommendations from Booktube versus blogging. I usually sit on Booktube for hours, watching videos versus blogging where I just read posts from the reader.
16. I prefer to read in the afternoon or nighttime. Usually, books help me unwind after work and take me to a different state of mind. I tried to read at work in the morning once and could barely even focus.
17. I love the idea of letting my boyfriend pick my TBR and vice versus. I don’t think it will ever happen, though. My boyfriend and I have vastly different taste in books so either we would end up DNFing our choices for each other or hating said books.
18. I’ve been on a book-buying ban for the latter half of 2017 and most of 2018. I originally saved up for my boyfriend’s visit but it got pushed back. Even so, I really don’t buy many books and usually end up using a coupon if I do.
19. I usually don’t buy Kindle books but I might start. They’re usually cheaper than the online price and definitely, the in-store price. I am afraid if I start doing that, I won’t be able to stop 😛
20. As much as I try to read books out of my comfort zone, I always go back to contemporary stories. Mostly, I just prefer to read something set in the real world where I actually know what’s going on. When it comes to fantasy, world-building can be overwhelming.
21. I’ve gotten more ruthless when I’m unhauling books. If I don’t plan on reading it again, it’s gone. If I gave it a low rating, it’s gone. If I just don’t want it on my shelf, then it’s gone. I work too hard on making my shelf look nice to have books I don’t LOVE there.
22. I’m pretty strict when it comes to my TBR. Sometimes, I let my mood decide what I’m reading. However, for the most part, I’m a goal-orientated person so I use my TBR as my monthly goal.
23. Keeping with that theme, I have a bad habit of buying books and not reading them for a month or two. Either they’re not on my TBR, I don’t have enough time or I just get lazy lol.
24. I’d rather have paperbacks versus hardcovers. It frustrates me more than anything that publishers don’t release paperbacks and hardbacks at the same time. Some of us do prefer paperbacks and if they can create arcs in paperback, they can create finished copies in paperback, too!
25. When I read, I prefer it to be completely quiet. I can’t really focus with the TV on and don’t like to have music on. I want to fully immerse myself in the book and don’t want to be distracted by anything else!