Hello friends and fellow book lovers! I’m finally catching up on my tags and this is my first time doing this tag. At least I think so! For the month of July, I’ll be trying to catch up on all my tags so get used to seeing lots of tags this month 😛
Thank you so much to Rose for tagging me! She’s one of my OG blogger friends who I met through Top 5 Tuesday. If you haven’t checked her out, please do. She’s wonderful ❤
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them!
1. What is your favorite bookish item (mug, bookmark, candle, etc)?
This is tough because I don’t own a lot of bookish items. I try to buy them but can’t really justify it if I’m not getting a regular use out of them? However, one of my co-workers gave me a Wonder Woman bookmark with matching pen that I love.
2. Describe your favorite book in three words.
3. Do you read book reviews before or after finishing a book?
For me, it really depends. For most books, I read after finishing but if I’m unsure about a book, I’ll read them before. Most of the time, I like to go in blind though.
4. If you could create your own candle, what scent would it be and why?
After taking a few minutes to think, I would create a “Boy Band” scented candle. It would be fangirls either wanting to look back on a former boyband or a current one. The scent would be sugary sweet like cotton candy. It would make you feel like you were on a cloud.
5. What is your dream travel destination – fictional or real?
Hawaii! I’ve been wanting to go on a vacation there for years and hopefully, someday I’ll be able to.
6. What is one book that you would give a second chance, despite not enjoying it the first time?
This was another tough question for me. Usually, when I dislike a book, I don’t look back and wallow in my hatred forever. With the recent hype around Puddin, it makes me want to revisit Dumplin. I personally didn’t enjoy Willow-Dean but with a feature film on the way too, it could be time.
7. Who is your favorite Disney sidekick?
I have to pick just one? Alright, I’ll go with a classic one (at least to me!)
8. What’s the lowest rating you’ve ever given a book and why?
The lowest rating I’ve given a book was a 1-star. I’ve only given two books that rating and they were: Life in Outer Space and Ship It. I disliked both books for different reasons, but mostly because the characters were either flat, horrible or cliches. Coupled with the bad writing and horrible plot, it was too much for me.
9. Do you do your book shopping online or in store?
I’d say I’m 75% online and 25% in store. I don’t go shopping much and I’d rather scope Google trying to find the best deal lol.
10. If you wrote a book about your life, what would its title be and why?
If I wrote a book about my life, I’d write it similar to Katie Heaney’s first book, “Never Have I Ever.” Instead, it would focus on my horrible luck online dating and then eventually meeting my boyfriend. I’d call it something like ‘From Tinder to OkCupid to everything in between My online love life’
11. Favorite book of 2018 so far?
This is so tough because I’ve read tons of incredible books in 2018! I’ll just go for one of my random faves!
- Do you listen to audiobooks?
- Did you have a favorite childhood book series?
- What’s the last movie you saw in theaters?
- Would you ever attend Bookcon?
- Do you have a favorite sports team?
- What’s one of your favorite TV shows to binge-watch?
- What do you enjoy blogging about besides books?
- What’s your most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
- Do you have a favorite boy band?
- (Stealing Rose’s question) Favorite book of 2018 so far?
- If your bookish boyfriend/girlfriend took you on a date, what would you want to do?
Tag! You’re It
I think that’s 11 people. Lol, I hope so but no pressure if you want to skip this one! I know it’s tough to think of 11 bloggers and come up with 11 questions :p
Random question: Does anyone else get distracted when you’re listening to music and blogging? I can’t just focus on one or am I the odd one out there? Lol