Hello friends and fellow book lovers! WordPress let me know I’ve had my blog for a year today: May 29th. I knew my blogaversary was coming up but I didn’t think it was until June. Fun enough: I didn’t make my first post until June 1st so that’s why I’m posting it today instead of the 29th.
I know a lot of people talk about blogging tips or lessons they’ve learned. I don’t want to do that, because it’d be the same rehash. I’ll probably give everyone the same tips or talk about the same lessons. Instead, I’m going to feature some of my fellow bloggers who helped build me up to where I am today. 🙂
No list would be complete without Shanah. Shanah was one of the first people I talked to in the book community and she introduced me to a whole new world. Top 5 Tuesday has become a huge part of my blog and easily one of my most popular posts. Shanah deserves so much credit for creating this meme and thus some of my success as a blogger!
Another shout-out has to be theorangutanlibrarian. She’s another one of the first big bloggers I followed and who followed me back. She inspires me with how creative she is and I look forward to her posts all the time. She’s also one of the friendliest bloggers I’ve ever encountered.
Without those two ladies, I don’t think I’d be blogging as much as I am today. No list would be complete without some of my friends. For a long time, I had trouble making friends when I was blogging but I’ve finally found my squad. I love them, their blogs and they’re just such wonderful people ❤
- Ally: One of my first friends, my first buddy read and someone I always look to for book recommendations or worthwhile internet reads.
- Ellyn: Another one of my first friends, my blogging bestie, and just a wonderful human being
- Malanie: A blogging queen, master of friendship and just a general favorite ❤ ❤
- Rose: We met through Top 5 Tuesday and I just love Rose and her blog…she’s such a sweetie!!
- Anatomyofabookthief: THUG SQUAD!!!!!!!!!
- Charlotte: Another one of my first friends, blogging goals and honestly I want my blog to be half as wonderful as Charlotte’s is
- LaRonda: LaRonda is so sweet and has a lovely blog/Instagram plus she always has some solid music recommendations!
- Nia: The queen of aesthetics and another lovely friend I met through Top 5 Tuesday
- Jenna: My Winnie the Pooh buddy!!!!
I’m sorry if I missed you but if I did, it’s almost midnight and I’m sorry. I still love you!
Additionally, I’ve grown a lot since I started my blog and almost have 300 followers. I still can’t believe that. I love following new people, looking at my favorite blogs and becoming more involved in the community. For my last round of shout-outs, I’d like to talk about some of my new and old favorite blogs!
- Thrice Read: These ladies are an old favorite but one I can’t get enough of. They were and still are goals for me. I love their content, their friendship and basically everything about them!
- Kristin Kraves Books: Another old favorite and I’m proud to call Kristin a friend of mine. She was another #bloggoals for me with her aesthetic, lovely posts and general friendliness.
- Book Princess Reviews: Mandy and Sha co-own BPR together and I love them both. They’re incredibly friendly, have the best aesthetics and honestly, I’m always looking forward to their posts.
- BooksCoffeeandRepeat: Claire is another old favorite, but I enjoy her and her blog so much. She writes some of the best reviews and she’s just a really cool blogger!
- Lost In A Story: Isa not only has the perfect blog aesthetic but some of the most original content. Every time I read one of her posts, I usually find a book recommendation or something to check out. I always look forward to her posts. 🙂
- Meltotheany: Melanie is such A QUEEN. She’s an awesome blogger including commenting on posts, in-depth reviews, and lovely graphics. She’s also a huge presence on Goodreads and it just amazes me that she can do it all!
With some of my old favorites out of the way, let’s talk about some of my new favorites or bloggers I love seeing pop up on my feed!
- Kay: Kay is super sweet, super interactive and has some awesome discussion posts plus she’s a teenager so she makes me feel youthful again 😛
- Kerri: Kerri is also a really sweet person who has great book recommendations but also features some cool resources on her blog. Thanks to her I was able to get a new library card and use Libby to access more content versus buying it!
- Merline: My last new favorite is MerlineReads. I haven’t been following Merline for long, but she looks at book critically and I always get a lot of good recommendations after hearing her talk about a book.
Mostly, I’d like to thank two of my friends: Ericka and Lysette. Ericka creates all the graphics for bookishlyrebecca and I don’t say thank you nearly enough. My blog is pretty because of her and she’s just wonderful. She doesn’t believe me that someone would hire her for it 😛
I’d also like to thank Lysette because, without her, I doubt I’d have a blog. She convinces me to take the plunge and I couldn’t be more grateful 🙂
Lastly, I’d like to thank everyone who follows me, liked a post, left a comment or did something with my blog. I’m so happy you stopped by my little blog if only just for a minute or two. I truly feel embraced by the bookish community and I can’t wait to see what another year holds!