Hello friends and fellow book lovers! It’s Sunday and I’m here with an incredibly exciting and fun post. Before I get into it, this is going to be a long one so make sure you have a snack or drink if you plan on reading this!
If you don’t know, I love Malanie. We just started following each other this year and I don’t know how. She’s one of my favorite bloggers and friends. I love her very much and she’s wonderful.
That’s why I’m so thankful she nominated me for many many awards. I don’t deserve this kindness and friendship??? Anyways, I’m going to answer all these awards/tags in one huge post and it’s gonna be long so let’s go!
The Unique Blogger Award/Rules:
- Display the award
- Thank the person who nominated you, post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
1. What book are you always thinking about even though you read it a long time ago?
Ummm do I ever not post The Baby-Sitters Club series? The answer is no because I love this series and I always think about this book. I haven’t read it in years, but it’s a great reminder of my reading journey. This series truly helped me fall in love with reading and I can’t believe it’s been forever since I’ve read Kristy’s Great Idea.
2. What is your favorite food?
3. If you could save three book characters to pass on for future humanity, which would they be & why?
Ummm this is the toughest question ever, but I think I narrowed it down.
First is Starr Carter. The future is Starr Carter and her activism!!! She would go in the future and kick every old white dude’s ass. TBH the dream and she’d also stand up for the oppressed and call out everyone’s bullshit. I’d love it.
Second is Sirius Black. I know I mention him all the time, but how couldn’t I? Sirius is everything and I think he’d teach everyone a little bit about humanity especially friendship and realizing it’s never too late to start over. I CRY
Last but not least is Lady Jane Grey from My Lady Jane. She’s not only super smart and clever but also super funny and one of my favorite heroines. She’s so strong and determined, I’d love to see what she’d bring to the table for future humanity.
-What’s one movie you’d love to see adapted into a novel?
-What’s your favorite holiday?
-Who is your current favorite blogger or someone whose posts you always look forward to reading?
The Mystery Blogger Award/Rules:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. (Maggie @okoto enigmas blog)
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Facts about Me:
- I own a Chiweenie which is a Dachshund / Chihuahua mix. His name is Chopper and he’s my little bb. Here’s a picture of him ❤
- Right now, I’m wearing Beauty and the Beast socks. Actually, they’re yellow socks with Lumiere on them and I feel like there’s a sore lack of Lumiere merchandise.
- If I could only eat food from one restaurant forever, it would be Taco Bell. I love their food and even though I’m super picky, I can always find something to eat or something different to try.
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
Ha! I’d pay off my student loans and with the remaining 2 dollars I have, I’d go to Taco Bell.
2. What hyped book, do you hate/dislike?
While this book wasn’t hyped up by fellow bloggers, Goodreads loved it. I personally hated this with a passion. I’m not sure if it was the writing, the fact it was written by a man and his portrayal of a teenage girl or that it was a mess. I couldn’t stand this book and I can’t believe how highly people have been rating it.
3. What is your worst and best trait?
My worst trait is either I take things too personally or that I’m way too hard on myself. I can see these traits especially when I’m at work or when I’m writing for those other sites. It’s just something I need to work on and will have to learn to get better at.
If I had to pick my best trait, I’m all in when I go for something. I’m all in when it comes to work, blogging, my relationship and everything else I do. I don’t see the point in half-assing something haha.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week?
Besides finishing Radio Silence, I’m always writing articles so I’m going to include two I really enjoyed reading this week.
Why The Simpsons’ response to the Apu controversy was so heartbreaking is an article from Entertainment Weekly written by Dana Schwartz. In the article, she talks about how the documentary The Problem With Apu and how The Simpsons missed the point, seemingly disregarding the character and betraying all the original ideas Lisa had throughout the series. I’m not even a fan of The Simpsons, but it was such a noteworthy read.
NFL has a shot to get it right this time with Eric Reid is an article from The Undefeated and it’s written by Brando Siemo Starkey. In this article, he talks about the reason why the NFL might blackball Reid like they did Kaepernick. In addition, he talks about how in blackballing the two, the market for young players will dry up. It’s such an eye-opening read especially if you’ve been following Kaepernick’s protest.
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Probably protesting somewhere. That’s really the only thing I could think of so I’m going with that lol.
My best post is A Reader’s Guide to the Super Bowl. Not my most popular post, but it was incredibly fun and I loved working on it. I’d highly recommend it for readers and sports fans alike!
-Have you participated in any read-a-thons this year?
-If you could run a blog about a non-bookish subject, what would it be?
-Who was your last text from?
-What’s your most anticipated release in the second half of the year?
-Do you have any TV shows you can recommend?
I’m only tagging half the amount of people since I’m including 3 different tags and that’s a lot of people 😛
The Versatile Blogger Award/Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Display the award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform them of their nomination
1. My favorite show of all-time is Bob’s Burgers. I don’t believe there’s ever been an episode I hated or an episode I haven’t watched.
2. My dream job is to be a sports writer, but I’d honestly take anything that would utilize my English degree.
3. Almost every night, I listen to music to help me fall asleep.
4. Speaking of every night, I usually fall asleep with my TV on. Almost every night, I watch Adult Swim so I can watch Bob’s Burgers.
5. One of my favorite shows, when I was younger, was Pepper Ann. However, I never see anyone talking about it!
6. Despite being a Cowboys fan, I have a real soft spot for the Saints. Since I started covering for them, I’ve really begun to cheer for them as much as the Cowboys.
7. One of my favorite people to follow on Twitter is Daniel Chong. He’s the creator of the Cartoon Network show, We Bare Bears. He’s always talking about the show or sharing all this cool merchandise about the show. I always look forward to his tweets. 🙂
Hopefully, you managed to get through this post and if you did, I applaud you! As for anyone I tagged, feel free to swap it out for another tag.
Thank you again so much to Malanie. I love you even more after I finished this post and I hope everyone reading this follows you ❤