I’m finally getting to work on my tags from when I was on my cruise. I’m sorry it’s taken me a while, but I’ve been working like crazy and trying to read and write. It’s been tough but I’m getting back into my routine. Thankfully, I think I’m getting back into the groove of anything.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Facts about me:
- I’ve technically been blogging for almost 3 years. I started writing about sports first and have since branched out. I still write about sports but also about TV, movies for two sites. Plus I have this blog and I have to say, writing has become a huge passion of mine.
- I’m very selective about what books I buy. I really have to either be in love with a book, unable to find it online or heard great reviews. Since I don’t have many used bookstores around me, I end up having to pay full price for them so I’d rather only buy a book if I really want it.
- My dream job is to either write for ESPN or Sports Illustrated. I’ve gotten the chance to interview or talk to people from other organizations. Both were such fierce and brilliant ladies so it was amazing. For now, I’m content with writing where I do and working on this blog.
Questions from bookscoffeeandrepeat
1. Do you know the difference between an anti-hero and a villain? Is there any difference at all? Which character/s do you know of is an anti-hero? How do you feel about them?
I think I know the difference. A villain is someone who is evil and wants to harm others while an anti-hero is someone who has redeeming qualities and is sort of in a morally grey area. That’s how I would define them, I think lol. I think there’s a difference because usually, a villain is someone intending to hurt people but an anti-hero usually isn’t.
Some of my favorite anti-heroes are Gru from Despicable Me, Daria, Louise Belcher and Rick Sanchez. I actually love every single one of them and all for different reasons. They might not be my favorite characters, but I still appreciate them.
2. Do you own/buy bookish merch. If so, which one’s do you own? Feel free to share some pics! If not, why?
I honestly can’t say I do. I probably have a few bookish things laying around, but I’m kind of strapped as far as money goes. Most of my money either goes to my bills or my student loans. Honestly, I spend most of my money on three things: clothes, food or Funko pops.
3. Now, I want you to list 3 ships. Just type them down here. Are you done? Cool. Now, if you were to decide which ship you’re willing to break (or which ship you’re willing to sink at the bottom of the ocean), which one of the three is it and why?
For my three ships, I chose: Lucy x Jones from The Names They Gave Us, Dimple x Rishi from When Dimple Met Rishi and Simon x Bram from Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda
Honestly, why would you do this to me? Oh geez, this is rough because I love all these couples and want them to be happy. I can’t break up Lucy x Jones, because of Lucy’s situation and because they’re an interracial couple where she’s goofy and he’s cool aka me and my boyfriend.
As much as I loved the book, I think I’d have to sink Dimple and Rishi. They’re such an awesome couple, but they are going off to college. College is a time to explore and meet new people so they could possibly find someone else. Plus they could also get back together in the end, right?
4. List your top 3 unpopular bookish opinions or bookish pet peeves. It can be about book characters or about your book nerd problems. Literally anything, as long as it’s book related.
Oh boy, here we go. Hopefully, no one hates me after reading these
- I don’t plan on ever reading The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue. I know a lot of people love it and rave about it but I’ve heard some problematic things. The book also uses the n-word, a word I don’t use or appreciate being thrown around casually. I know it’s supposed to be historically accurate, but the book would have been fine without that word in it.
- As much as I loved Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I’ll probably never pick up Carry On because it seems a little unnecessary to me. I know it’s basically fanfiction in a book but that’s what I read fanfiction for. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ve never seen the appeal.
- A bookish pet peeve I have is when people insult you for liking a book they don’t or picking apart your reasoning for not liking it. I’ve watched a lot of booktubers get hate because of it and it really bugs me. I don’t understand how people can be so butthurt over someone not liking a book they love.
5. Share your most embarrassing author meet-up/signings or bookish convention story! Just one. If you haven’t attended one of those, write a short story (no word limit, it can be one-sentence for all I care!) about you and your book boyfriend. The story is totally up to you, as long as you include yourself and your book boyfriend.
“Jones, the time has finally come. I want you to meet someone,” I said, grabbing his hand. As I walked into the door, I let go of his hand and moved over towards the other guy, grabbing his hand. “Jones, this is J…my non-bookish boyfriend,” I said and Jones’ face dropped. “Is that all I am to you? Just a bookish boyfriend?” he said and stormed out, taking my copy of The Names They Gave Us with him.
Questions for the people I’m tagging!
- What’s one extremely hyped-up book you’ve never even though about reading? It can be a new release, an old book or even an assigned book you never read.
- Do you prefer hard or soft cover books? Why or why not?
- What’s a TV show you think everyone should watch at least once in their life? If you’re not a TV fan, what about a movie?
- How long have you been blogging and what are some things you learned since you first started blogging?
- What was your favorite book as a kid? If you read it now, do you think it would still hold up?
Oh geez, here we go with me trying to tag 10 people. I apologize if you’ve done this tag before but I have a very small group of friends so you might get tagged again ha.
- Chelsea of AVeryBookishGirl
- Kristin of KristinKravesBooks
- Shanah of BionicBookwormBlog
- Charlotte of CharlotteAnnelise
- Alex of coffeelovingbookoholic
- Danielle of theintrovertedbooknerd